Providing the perfect opportunity for kids to discover new off-road adventures, Polaris Youth ATV vehicles combine off-road fun with important safety, technology, and performance features for parents’ peace of mind.
Not only do off-road vehicles give kids a reason to get outside, but it’s also a gift that will grow with them through the years thanks to adjustable riding options and flexible parent-adjustable speed limiters that can be used to adapt the machine to suit their age, experience, and skill.
With the entire full-size Polaris Off-Road line-up also available, it’s an activity the whole family can enjoy. Put down the game controllers and mobile phones – there’s never been a better time to go for a family ride and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
Don’t play it – LIVE IT!
What age can a child ride a quad?
For young riders under the age of 16, a youth-specific ATV is most appropriate for their age, ensuring maximum safety when operating an off-road vehicle, as it is important that young riders can reach all the controls comfortably and always remain in control.
Polaris offer Youth ATVs suitable for riders of all levels of experience from 6-14+ years old.
Depending on the vehicle homologation and riding location, adult off-road vehicles usually require a rider to be at least 16 years old and/or have a valid driver’s license, but always check your manufacturer’s minimum age recommendation in the operator manual. Adult vehicles and riders also need to meet other requirements, such as appropriate tax, insurance and license plates depending on their homologation and use requirements.
What makes a good children’s quad?
A youth ATV should focus on safety features that enable the child to build confidence as their experience and skill develop, as well as incorporating leading safety features for parents’ peace of mind.
- SIZE: For any youth machine, the rider should be able to reach all controls comfortably. Polaris offer a range of ATVs to suit riders from age 6 and up.
- SPEED: Being able to limit the speed to suit a rider’s age, experience and ability is important not only to ensure maximum safety but also to build a rider’s confidence as they develop. All Polaris ATVs feature an adjustable speed limiter to control the speed, but not the fun.
- RIDE QUALITY: Taking inspiration from its adult machines, Polaris pays close attention to reliability and ergonomics. ATVs with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) provide improved cold-starting reliability and consistent performance. All youth ATVs feature easy stopping with single-lever hydraulic disc brakes, along with large tyres for greater stability and leading ground clearance and suspension travel for optimal comfort.
- EXTRA PROTECTION: Youth vehicles should always prioritise rider safety. Alongside its speed-limiting technology and performance features, young riders also receive a complete youth safety kit with the purchase of a Polaris Youth ATV vehicle, including a tether, safety whip flag, youth helmet, free online training and a tool kit. Select vehicles also feature LED lighting for improved visibility front and rear, to see and to be seen easily.
- SAFETY-FIRST TECHNOLOGY: The Polaris UTV lineup, including the RZR 200 EFI and RANGER 150 EFI, features even more technological advancements, including Helmet Aware technology that uses Bluetooth technology to allow parents to pre-set the vehicle’s controls so that it won’t start when the helmet beacon is out of the vehicle gauge range; GPS tracking so parents always know where their kids are riding; and Geofencing technology to keep the vehicle within set riding boundaries and speed limits.
Where can a child ride a quad?
Youth ATVs should only be operated on private land with appropriate permissions, and never ridden on a road.
What is the best kids’ quad?
There are many different youth ATVs available on the market from various off-road manufacturers. With a Polaris Youth ATV, parents can rest assured knowing that their kid’s ATV puts safety first and have four models to choose from depending on their child’s age and ability.
- OUTLAW 70 EFI – featuring a 70cc EFI engine and industry-leading safety features for riders aged 6 and up.
- OUTLAW 110 EFI – featuring a 112cc EFI engine and key safety features for riders aged 10 and up.
- SPORTSMAN 110 EFI – featuring a 112cc EFI engine and key safety features for riders aged 10 and up.
- PHOENIX 200 – for bigger adventures. 196cc carbureted engine with key safety features and kid-friendly performance for riders 14 and up.
Forget video games – nature is our playground!