What do I need to charge my electric UTV?
It’s important to note that charging an electric UTV may differ depending on the make and model you have. Polaris’s electric UTV, the RANGER XP Kinetic comes standard with a 1-phase EVSE which allows you to charge from a 240V outlet. Also available to purchase is the Accessory WallBox EVSE which can cut your charging time by up to 50% for a faster charge.
How do I charge my RANGER XP Kinetic?
Your Polaris electric vehicle’s engine is powered by a high-voltage battery that can be charged without the need for unrenewable sources such as petrol or diesel. To charge your XP Kinetic simply follow the 10 steps below.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure your vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Plug the charger into a 240-volt wall outlet
3. The status light on the EVSE charger may change from Blue to Amber or Red and may blink or pulse depending on the status. More information on the status lights can be found in your owner’s manual.
4. Open the charger compartment lid on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
5. Open the charger port cover. Insert the charging connector into the charger port until you hear a click. The vehicle will then turn on to indicate that charging has begun. Note: The vehicle will not be drivable while the charging plug is connected.
6. While charging the vehicle, the display in the instrument cluster and display powered by RIDE COMMAND will switch to the charging screen. The accent light, if turned on, will blink to indicate the state of charge. For more information, refer to the EV section of your Owner’s Manual.
7. Once the battery is fully charged, the vehicle will power down to indicate that it has been fully charged. Polaris recommend leaving the vehicle plugged in between frequent uses to maintain optimal performance.
8. Once ready to ride, remove the charging plug, reinstall the charger port cover and ensure it is fully seated.
9. Close the compartment lid and ensure it is fully closed. Operating the electric UTV with the port cover or compartment lid open may allow dirt and debris to enter the charging terminals.
10.If operating in the XP Kinetic in cold weather, turning the key switch ON a few minutes before operation will activate the battery heaters and allow the battery pack or packs time to warm up. This will help prevent reduced performance, speed, charge times and range.
When should I charge my electric side-by-side?
When charging the XP Kinetic, Polaris recommends that you leave the vehicle plugged in between frequent uses and the vehicle operates best when charged regularly as there is no benefit to letting the batteries run low.
Charging your electric UTV in moderate temperatures is recommended for optimal charging and to keep charging costs low, charge your vehicle in off-peak hours when charging at home.
Where is the best place to charge an electric UTV?
As you will most likely need to charge your electric vehicle every day, a dedicated area with a power outlet would be the best place to charge an electric UTV. It would also be recommended that you charge your UTV where extreme temperatures don’t occur as this can affect the charging optimisation.
How far will my electric UTV go on a single charge?
How far an electric UTV goes on a single charge is dependent on how you use it and the accessories you may have installed. The Polaris RANGER XP Kinetic is available in two model variants, the Premium trim offers 45 miles of range with a single full charge, or you can also choose the RANGER XP Kinetic Ultimate. The RANGER XP Kinetic Ultimate has a range of up to 80 miles on a single full charge.*
*Range estimates based on manufacturer data on typical customer driving usage and conditions. Actual range varies based on conditions such as external environment, weather, speed, cargo loads, rates of acceleration, vehicle maintenance, and vehicle usage.