As Polaris’ journey across the vast, volcanic landscape of Iceland draws closer, the six riders gear up for what can only be described as the adventure of a lifetime.
Whilst none of the women are professional riders, none are true wild campers, and none have ever undertaken an experience quite like the one ahead; that’s the true beauty of the project. It presents the opportunity for everyone involved, including the audience, to see that this Icelandic adventure is actually very achievable. Not just something to watch and admire, but something that you can actually add to your bucket list – and complete in the future!
For these six ladies, it is a chance to engage and inspire other female riders with similar experiences alongside strengthening their team bond and uncovering first-hand the full experience of true adventure alongside the Polaris brand.
So – meet the team that will accompany the three Polaris side-by-sides and take on the beauty of Iceland…
AMY CAHILL MARKETING MANAGER, POLARIS UK & IRELAND
Off-road passioned and responsible for marketing in the UK and Ireland. Amy started off-roading in her childhood thanks to her grandmother, and now her passion is in travelling and exploring – throw in a bit of adrenaline to that mix and she is in heaven!
Amy has a wide knowledge of the Polaris brand and its products, plus being from the UK, she’s well versed in adverse weather conditions! Amy is nothing less than a must for this expedition.
– Top thing on Amy’s Iceland bucket list? Seeing the terrain and landscape of Iceland and of course the northern lights
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? I am a bit of a mum so I like to make sure everyone is looked after and well fed and watered – I am also very organised.
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: Kettle, water, cup, tea bag and milk – I would not survive without my cups of tea!
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? To control the weather
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? I’d take the heat over the cold any day plus you can heat water next to a volcano!
MARION CHOUANNEAU HEAD OF MARKETING, POLARIS EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
As the organisational head of this group of female riders, Marion knows the brand, the wide possibilities of the amazing Polaris products and the importance of supporting female empowerment like no other.
Just after her second child was born, Marion and her family took the opportunity to travel around the world with their newborn – so she’s not afraid of adventure and living in the moment. Her open-minded, calm and positive attitude is what makes Marion so perfect to lead this group on their Icelandic adventure.
– Top thing on Marion’s Iceland bucket list? Northern lights
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? Positive attitude!
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: A good pillow
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? Be a bird
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? Definitely the heat! I am fascinated with volcanos.
MIRIAM TORRENS MARKETING MANAGER, POLARIS SPAIN & PORTUGAL
This Spanish whirlwind is up for every adventure and with battling marketing for off- and on-road at Polaris alone in two markets (Spain and Portugal), she knows exactly what it means to work under pressure and with total commitment. Miriam is an eager traveller and loves practising sports in her free time.
– Top thing on Miriam’s Iceland bucket list? Travelling in an off-road machine is an adventure I can’t wait to live! The northern lights are a must-see too
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? Looking for the positive side of things and ready to cheer up whoever needs it!
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: I can’t survive without my morning coffee.
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? To heat the weather. I don’t get along with cold.
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? It’s not every day you can see a volcano erupting, plus I love heat more than cold!
FENJA GAUSS MARKETING MANAGER, POLARIS GERMANY & AUSTRIA
The newest addition to Team Polaris and responsible for marketing in Germany and Austria, Fenja loves everything extreme and muddy – the bigger the puddle the greater the fun!
Fenja moved from two-wheel extreme off-road sports to four-wheel off-road action only recently, but her wide knowledge of off-road terrain, technical understanding and ‘will to survive’ will support the team on this challenge.
– Top thing on Fenja’s Iceland bucket list? Riding an Icelandic horse under the northern lights on an active volcano (if I can only have one thing)
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? I know how to turn the world upside down and make things happen! I am more of a do’er, less of a talker.
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: Since the pup can’t join, I will be just fine with a cup of coffee in the morning.
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? The power of sleep. I am a Duracell bunny on a daily basis, now imagine me when I’m excited – I already feel exhausted for the girls! Haha.
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? Iceberg. I am used to the cold, plus, you can always put more clothes on but at one point you can’t take any more off.
HILDA LEMON MARKETING MANAGER, POLARIS SWEDEN
No matter if it’s a Polaris off-road vehicle or a snowmobile, Hilda knows how to use them all. Her life mantra since childhood is ”I can do it myself”. Being a true Swede, she knows how terrain can be tough and the importance of all the different off-road vehicles that Polaris has on offer. She thinks life is too short so why choose between snowmobiling, off-roading, nail polish, gardening, watersports, cooking or just being a mum? Tasty food and bakery is nearly as important as life itself in Hilda’s eyes, so we know who will be suggesting the short daily breaks for a ”Swedish fika”!
– Top thing on Hilda’s Iceland bucket list? Having a SPA experience in Iceland’s hot springs right after a bumpy ride in the fantastic scenery of Iceland
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? If there is a need of lighting a campfire. I’m the fire scout – i love to put things on fire. Watch out!
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: The one that doesn’t answer “My iPhone” is either lying or see it as part of her right hand ha! Next to that – coffee.
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? The power to teleport things I find I need from home during the trip
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? I’m not much of a sleeping person. – But if I have to choose one … I’d choose the erupting volcano – sounds more exotic to me.
LAUREN WILSON PR AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER, MOTOCOM (AGENCY)
The creative mastermind from Polaris’ main communication agency, joining the Polaris team to support with a steady eye on content and the road book. With her background in motorcycling and excitement to travel somewhere new, Lauren’s ready for her first side-by-side adventure alongside the Polaris crew.
– Top thing on Lauren’s Iceland bucket list? To see a whale!
– Top trait to help the team in Iceland? The eye for content, content, and more content!
– #1 home comfort needed in Iceland: My fluffy hot water bottle
– What superpower would she have in Iceland? To fly over the erupting volcano (careful of the lava though) and through the northern lights.
– What would you rather: Sleep next to the erupting volcano or sleep on an iceberg? Erupting volcano 100%… It would be like sleeping next to a giant lava lamp – how relaxing!